Department: Filter Processing
Reporting: Production Supervisor – Polishing
The incumbent performs tasks related to post-coating operations with the purpose of taking coated parts and putting them to final size based on specifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing all aspects related to filter polishing including: grounding, polishing, and cleaning of filters.
- Visual inspection of finished work.
- Signing out of finished work.
- Performing physical measurements of coated parts.
- Keeping a clean work environment.
- Data entry into various computer programs as required.
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- All other assigned duties
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Reliable performance and quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle precision parts with great care.
- Artistic and Mechanically inclined. Machinist Experience desirable.
- Ability to perform under time pressures.
- Frequent use of a microscope.
- Frequent exposure to controlled substances.
- Execution of repetitive tasks, often involving delicate parts.
- This position requires the ability to work overnights
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment is through the Production Supervisor or shift lead. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals are together with the Production Supervisor.
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully meet the security clearance screening requirements for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).