Department: Mechanical Support
Reporting: Lead machinist
Date last modified: February 4, 2021
Support the efforts in the machine shop by cleaning, organizing, and maintaining the machine shop in accordance with lean manufacturing principles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily tidying of machine shop
- Organize materials and storage thereof
- Execute preventive maintenance of machines and tooling
- Assist in the fabrication of materials where appropriate
- Other assigned duties
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable performance and quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- This position may require work on rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Mandatory use of PPE
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment and priorities are set by lead machinist. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Director of Optical and Mechanical Suport.