Department: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting: Senior Manager Manufacturing Engineer
The focus of the position is to increase manufacturing productivity through the improvement of optical filter products and the processes used to manufacture and characterize these products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define requirements for process performance and manufacturing acceptance, including process outcome, touch times, yields and process control limits.
- Lead, or contribute to, process development and/or modifications, including validation, writing work instructions and training manufacturing operators.
- Identify, recommend, procure, install, and set up maintenance cycles for equipment, as required for complete process setup, documentation and control.
- Ensure that processes comply with manufacturing safety, security, and environmental requirements.
- Independently analyze existing processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- The company’s manufacturing operations continue 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and for this position some weekend and evening work will be required
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- All other duties as assigned
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in science or engineering
- At least 3 years experience solving problems in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in solving problems in a manufacturing environment or equivalent would be an asset.
- Experience in the field of optics, thin film deposition and programming would be an asset.
- Strong analytical ability and technical judgment.
- Basic competency with statistical analysis.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent teamwork capability
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a busy work environment, be customer-focused and detail oriented.
- This position involves significant responsibility and requires independent decision making.
- This position requires working with strict deadlines on a daily basis.
- May be exposed to controlled substances and hazardous instruments.
Type of Supervision Received
Supervision is in the form of daily discussions with the senior Manager of Engineering about the status of projects, and annual performance reviews as well as weekly Engineering meetings.