Iridian Spectral Technologies is a High Tech company in Ottawa that is a world-leading supplier of optical thin film filters used in telecommunications, spectroscopic instrumentation, satellites, astronomy and 3D cinema. The company has been in existence for 20 years and has a staff of around 155 people. Here every employee can make a difference to the company’s success. For more details, please visit our web site at www.iridian.ca.
The company currently has a vacancy in its group of Process Manufacturing Engineers. The focus of the position is to increase manufacturing productivity through the improvement of optical filter products and the processes used to manufacture and characterize these products.
Job Duties include:
- Define requirements for process performance and manufacturing acceptance, including process outcome, touch times, yields and process control limits.
- Lead, or contribute to, process development and/or modifications, including validation, writing work instructions and training manufacturing operators.
- Identify, recommend, procure, install, and set up maintenance cycles for equipment, as required for complete process setup, documentation and control.
- Ensure that processes comply with manufacturing safety, security, and environmental requirements.
- Independently analyze existing processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- The company’s manufacturing operations continue 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and for this position some weekend and evening work will be required
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in science or engineering
- At least 3 years experience solving problems in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in solving problems in a manufacturing environment or equivalent would be an asset.
- Experience in the field of optics, thin film deposition and programming would be an asset.
- Strong analytical ability and technical judgment.
- Basic competency with statistical analysis.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent teamwork capability
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a busy work environment, be customer-focused and detail oriented.
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully meet the security clearance screening requirements for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
Please send your application and a resume and, if possible, transcripts via e-mail to Kate Ferguson ([email protected]). The starting date is flexible (April, May 2019)