Iridian Spectral Technologies is a High-Tech company in Ottawa that is a world-leading supplier of optical thin film filters used in telecommunications, spectroscopic instrumentation, satellites, astronomy and 3D cinema. The company has been in existence for 21 years and has a staff of around 160 people. Here every employee can make a difference to the company’s success. For more details, please visit our web site at www.iridian.ca.
The company currently has a vacancy in its Sales and Marketing Group, for a Sales Engineer. This position requires strong customer relations, someone who can increase sales results and provide technical assistance to our customers. This position reports to the VP of Business Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute sales in defined geographic regions and market areas
- Contribute to pricing decisions and perform customer follow-up
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Maintain customer relations including organizing visits to Iridian or to the customer site
- Identify new sale opportunities with existing customers
- Document sales plans, activities and results
- Help develop and implement plans to grow customer base and gain competitive advantage
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Science or Engineering
- A sound knowledge of optics or photonic applications
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and develop relationships when dealing with a variety of cultures
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic, with a proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- A drive to achieve results coupled with an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to travel and participate in trade shows and customer visits approximately 8-10 weeks per year
- Fluency in English and ability to write press releases and prepare power-point presentations; additional languages skills are an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years sales and marketing experience
Please send your application and a resume and, transcripts via e-mail to Kate Ferguson ([email protected]).
Please Note: We will only be contacting applicants selected for an interview.