Reporting: Production Supervisor – Deposition
Date last modified: June 18, 2020
This position involves the preparation of the multiple deposition chambers for production runs including but not limited to verification of target status, sandblasting and cleaning of deposition shields, preparation of substrate holders and troubleshooting when problems arise.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading of coating systems.
- Initiating the runs, verifying vacuum pump-down and run completion.
- Preparation and cleaning of substrates.
- Performing surface quality inspections.
- Preparing reports and data entry.
- Characterizing and reporting of system status including mask location, uniformity measurements, etc.
- Liaising with Engineers, Research and Development personnel and Production Supervisors on the operations, outcomes and documentation.
- Carrying out maintenance activities of complex equipment.
- Troubleshooting as necessary.
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Technologist diploma and/or BSc, BEng or equivalent in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on abilities with complex mechanical and electronic systems.
- Familiarity with computers and software control.
- Ability to communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to follow a complex series of instructions.
- This position involves significant responsibility and requires independent decision making.
- Frequent exposure to controlled substances.
- This position requires working on rotating shifts.
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment and priorities are set by the Production Supervisor or Shift leader. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Production Supervisor.