Department: Corporate Services
Reporting: Manager of Corporate Services
Date last modified: September 21, 2016
The Information Technologist will operate and maintain Iridian’s IT infrastructure as
well as providing technical and operational IT support to all departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, monitor and maintain Iridian’s IT infrastructure including telecommunications,
network (wired and wireless), network exchange and file servers, firewall, back-up systems,
workstations, computers, RFID equipment, printers and phones.
- Apply IT software updates as required; monitor firewall activity; maintain active directory structure; maintain and verify network and workstation backups.
- Recommend software and hardware updates to IT equipment as required.
- Assist users to resolve computer related problems.
- Ensure confidentiality of information, data integrity and security of the network.
- Other assigned duties
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- College Diploma in IT (computer systems, management information systems or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory,
VMWare (Microsoft or other certifications would be an asset; MCSE, MCSA, etc.).
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience in software and database development would be an asset
(Delphi, WinAPI, MySQL or similar database server).
The successful candidate will need to be able to work under tight deadlines;
evening and weekend work may be required with little notice.
As Iridian is a ‘Controlled Goods Program’ certified company, a security check (and fingerprinting) will be required for this position.
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully meet the security clearance screening requirements for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).