Iridian Spectral Technologies is a high technology company based in Ottawa that is a world-leading supplier of optical thin film filters used in telecommunications, spectroscopic instrumentation, satellites, astronomy and 3D cinema applications. The company was founded in 1998 and currently has a staff of 145 people. Here every employee can make a difference to the company’s success. For more details, please visit our web site at www.iridian.ca.
The company is opening up a new position in the Automation Group where the primary role is to develop, extend and maintain automation and control systems and software in a fast paced high technology manufacturing environment. The position includes exposure to hardware control systems, machine automation, programmable controllers (PLCs), servo and stepper motors, human-machine interfaces (HMI), control software, and information systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining and extending existing software and hardware systems to provide new capabilities on six unique deposition platforms and a variety of pre- and post-deposition automation support systems.
- Development of new automation systems and the integration of manufacturing data into automated process flows.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems as they arise on automated systems
- Work with R&D and manufacturing groups as required to implement new manufacturing processes – evening and weekend work may sometimes be required for testing/troubleshooting
- The ideal candidate will have completed at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Science field and will have three to five years of related experience
- Strong independent problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for automation and software development
- Strong background in Windows based software development (WinAPI) with experience in one or more high level programming languages (Delphi, C#,VB.NET)
- Experience in the following would be an asset: Object-oriented programming, asynchronous programming, PLC Ladder Logic, Serial communication protocols, SQL databases and UI design.
- Familiarity in the following areas would be a bonus: high vacuum systems, optics, spectrometry, electronic circuit analysis, data analysis, image processing algorithms, PID control and mechanical design
Please send your application, cover letter, resume and transcripts via e-mail to Kate Ferguson ([email protected]). The starting date is flexible.