There are multiple openings for this full time, 40 hour a week, contract position and the incumbents must be available for the day, evening and night shifts.
Reporting: Supervisor –Lens Technicians
This position involves the preparation and processing of lens for the production of 3d glasses; general maintenance on mechanical jigs used in the process and operation of cleaning machines used for the manufacturing of optical filters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Unpack blank lenses and place them on the shelf
- Clean and operate the CV40
- Proper handling of substrates
- Load/unload lens jigs for deposition
- Perform visual inspection
- Measure, sort and pack lenses
- Sandblast/clean jigs and shields
- Operate dishwasher
- Other assigned duties
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Reliable performance and quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small precision parts.
- Ability to see through a microscope.
- Ability to perform under time pressures.
- This position requires the ability to work on rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment and priorities are set by the Shift Coordinator or Shift Lead. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Supervisor.