Department: Corporate Services
Reporting to: Supplier Quality Engineer
Date last modified: October 1, 2019
The employee performs tasks related to incoming and outgoing inspection activities. These duties include measurement, testing, labeling and stocking of incoming parts and packaging of outgoing parts. There will also be involvement in inventory and other quality control functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sampling, measurement, testing, labeling and stocking of incoming parts.
- Scan and save supplier CoC information.
- Measurement, testing, labeling and packaging of outgoing parts.
- Create outgoing CoC measurements for review by management.
- Inspecting and sorting returned materials.
- Weekly particle count data acquisition and 6 month equipment maintenance.
- Participate in inventory count for raw materials and finished goods.
- Participate in physical calibration procedures such as calipers and feeler gauges.
- Backup for certain shipping and receiving functions. (Warehouse or Finished Goods)
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Reliable performance and quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small precision parts.
- Ability to see through a microscope.
- Ability to perform under time pressures.
- Frequent use of a microscope and measurement systems.
- Ability to handle boxes up to 20kg.
- Frequent exposure to controlled substances.
- Execution of repetitive tasks, often involving small parts.
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment is through the Supplier Quality Engineer. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals are together with the Supplier Quality Engineer and the Manager of Corporate Services.