Department: Manufacturing – Photolithography/Filter Processing
Location: 2700 Swansea Crescent
Reporting: Manager – Manufacturing Engineering/Filter Processing
The primary role of the Photolithography/Filter Processing Technologist is to execute photolithography and filter processing processes within a manufacturing environment and to support all activities involved in maintaining throughput and development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in a cleanroom.
- Performing complex and special measurements on post coating products.
- Performing product reliability testing of first articles and new processes and performing first article compliance checks.
- Preparing and patterning substrates.
- Perform visual inspection of products.
- Perform lab maintenance and maintain inventory levels.
- Launching of work in progress by making decisions on the viability of the product to progress through to the next phase of processing.
- Determining annealing curves based on specifications.
- Loading of automated systems.
- Performing optical and visual inspections to ensure quality based on specifications.
- Data entry into various computer programs as required.
- Perform shift reports.
- Liaise with Engineering, R&D personnel and Production supervisors on the operation, development and documentation activities.
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduation from a technical college or the equivalent in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated hands-on abilities with or knowledge of optics.
- Familiarity with computers and software control
- Reliable performance and quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small precision parts.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to see through a microscope.
- Ability to perform under time pressures.
- This position involves significant responsibilities and requires independent decision making.
- Frequent exposure to controlled substances
Type of Supervision Received:
- Task assignment is given through the Production Supervisor or Filter Processing Manager. Photolith and filter processing priorities on how and when to carry out the task may be set independently. Yearly performance reviews and setting annual performance goals is done together with the Manager of: Manufacturing Engineering and Filter Processing.