Department: Filter Processing
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reporting: Supervisor of Filter Processing
Iridian Spectral Technologies manufactures high performance optical filters for a range of applications including telecommunications, bioscience, spectroscopy, space and entertainment. The filters are deposited onto glass substrates and cut into shapes as needed. The Dicing Technician will operate the dicing saws used for precision cutting of filters with rectangular shapes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Proper handling of substrates to be diced
- Operation of dicing saws including loading, unloading, blade change etc.
- Maintenance of dicing saws for daily, weekly, monthly, annual maintenance checklists
- Perform scheduled maintenance of dicing equipment according to maintenance plan
- Follow SOP for recipe and blade selection for dicing individual jobs
- Operation of peripheral equipment such as tape mounter, wafer washer, ring mounter
- Multitasking when appropriate to operate 2 or more saws, following the schedule
- Proper inspection and sign-off of work
- Provide feedback to dicing supervisors regarding dicing quality and dicing equipment status
- Develop understanding of dicing best-practices in a highly flexible production environment
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- High School, College or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail
- Good spatial awareness
- Affinity for machine operation
- Strives to learn new processes and techniques
- Ability to apply knowledge across a range of tasks
- Self-assess production quality to maintain high standards
- Controlled Goods Certification
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Frequent exposure to controlled substances.
- Execution of repetitive tasks, often involving small parts.
- This position requires the ability to work on rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Day, 6:00am – 2:30pm
- Evening, 2:00pm – 10:30pm
- Night, 10:00pm – 6:30am
- Weekend*, Friday 8h 6:00 am– 2:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 12h 7:00am – 7:00pm, Monday 6:00am – 2:00pm
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment is through the Production Supervisor or Filter Processing Manager, priorities on how to carry out the task assignments may be set by the incumbent. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Filter Processing Manager.