Department: Filter Processing
Reporting: Filter Processing Manager
Date last modified: September 23rd 2011
The primary role of the Filter Processing Technologist is to perform measurements and analyses and to make decision based on these in the pursuit of filter processing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing complex and special measurements on post coating products.
- Performing product reliability testing of first articles and new processes and performing first article compliance checks.
- Advise other employees on proper procedures.
- Launching of work in progress by making decisions on the viability of the product to progress through to the next phase of processing.
- Determining annealing curves based on specifications.
- Loading of automated systems.
- Performing optical and visual inspections to ensure quality based on specifications.
- Preparing reports and data entry as required.
- May require liaising with Engineers, R&D personnel and Production supervisors on the operations, outcomes and documentation.
- Follows safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings
- All other assigned duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from a Community College in Technology or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated hands-on abilities with or knowledge of Optics.
- Familiarity with computers and software control.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make decisions using good judgment while lacking complete information.
- This position involves significant responsibility and requires independent decision making.
- May be exposed to controlled substances.
- This position requires working on rotating shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekend shifts.
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment is given by the Production Supervisor or shift lead, priorities on how to carry out the task assignments may be set by the incumbent. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Filter Processing Manager.
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully meet the security clearance screening requirements for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).