Department: Corporate Services
Reporting: Manager of Corporate Services
Date last modified: September 21, 2016
The Information Technologist will operate and maintain Iridian’s IT infrastructure as well as providing technical and operational IT support to all departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, monitor and maintain Iridian’s IT infrastructure including telecommunications, network (wired and wireless), network exchange and file servers, firewall, back-up systems, workstations, computers, RFID equipment, printers and phones.
- Apply IT software updates as required; monitor firewall activity; maintain active directory structure; maintain and verify network and workstation backups.
- Recommend software and hardware updates to IT equipment as required.
- Assist users to resolve computer related problems.
- Ensure confidentiality of information, data integrity and security of the network.
Qualifications and Skills
- College Diploma in IT (computer systems, management information systems or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare (Microsoft or other certifications would be an asset; MCSE, MCSA, etc.).
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience in software and database development would be an asset (Delphi, WinAPI, MySQL or similar database server).
Salary will be commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will need to be able to work under tight deadlines; evening and weekend work may be required with little notice.
As Iridian is a ‘Controlled Goods Program’ certified company, a security check (and fingerprinting) will be required for this position.
Please send resume submissions to:
Iridian Spectral Technologies
We will contact only those considered for interviews.